Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm Back (Again), and I'm Ready for Some Fun

Via
  Wow. I've been so inactive here, it's a wonder my blog still exists. (Haha.) If you want excuses, the major one involved dropping my laptop, which led to the necessity of major surgery (on its poor neck hinge!). (I really didn't want to write on my phone, since I have more limited styling and formatting options on it, and I'm very specific about how things look. Plus, swiping that much is just too daunting a prospect.) I also had a couple busy weeks at work and then took some time catching up on watching dramas, which combined with my natural laziness to make it a whole month since I've blogged. A. Whole. Entire. Month.

Via
  Anyway, I'm really anxious to get back to blogging, and I have a great inducement to start up again. That would be Lee Dong Wook. In a sageuk. I don't know if I've mentioned this before (I'm pretty sure I've only hinted at it), but I am seriously in love with him. To the point that I aaalmost understand the crazy ahjumma in Wild Romance. Almost. I mean, I wouldn't do anything to harm anyone or anything, but I would maybe be guilty of a little light stalking. (Again, not the criminal kind.) Maybe it's a good thing I don't live in Korea.
  So, because of this, I plan to recap Mandate of Heaven, aka Heaven's Will: the Fugitive of Joseon. It looks like it will be epic. (It had better be the good kind of epic, too, or I might get a little crazy.) I mean, have you seen the stills for it? Especially those of Wookie's character with his daughter?!? Soooo adorable! It starts tomorrow, and I can't wait!
Via
  Also, I've started watching a few new dramas that I'm really enjoying. I've decided to recap the jdorama Last Cinderella, as well, but those recaps should be pretty short. (I know, I know, I've said that before, but this time I mean it. Just the most important bits.) It's an interesting drama, and it reminds me quite a bit of Renai Neet, minus one love interest. Plus, it stars Shinohara Ryoko (Anego) and Fujiki Naohito (Hotaru no Hikari, PRICELESS).
  Lastly, I just have to brag a bit. I just finished preparing the meat for some delicious beef bulgogi, and it's marinating in my fridge. If it turns out well, I'll post the link to the blog where I found it. It smells so delicious already. I'm so excited, since beef bulgogi is probably my favorite Korean food. And kimbap. Which I'll be making tomorrow as well. 

Update (4/24) The beef bulgogi was a success! My friends—who had never tried Korean food before—loved it. Here's the link to the blog I found it on (although it's really not hard to find). I also tried Maangchi's bean sprouts recipe and her gamja jorim potatoes. Everything turned out to be delicious, and the recipes are easy to follow. Plus, there are video tutorials for most of her recipes. I'm definitely going to try more of her recipes in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment